Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Raining Sunshine

A little rain yesterday and a little this morning that was much needed here in Houston, reminds me of other kinds of rain. Like the rain of blessings on our lives. No matter where we are in our journey, good times, challenging times, or down-right bad times, there are blessings surrounding us.

In good times, let us not take our blessings for granted, let us appreciate and cherish the people that mean so much to us. Let us also be thankful for the situations that provide a smooth ride.

In challenging times, let us be thankful for the opportunity to grow beyond where we are; after-all no one plans on being stagnant. Let us be encouraged by the numerous times we have been blessed in the past to come through difficult times. And let us also look forward to the blessings we will enjoy after we overcome any current hardships.

In those times where we cannot see the end of the tunnel, we surely feel alone and lost, let us find the resolve within our spirit to find the sunshine inside. We do not have to succumb to the darkness of bad times, for they are only temporary. Even if it seems we have been stuck in confinement, sealed away from our joy, deep inside burns the light of love, and hope although it may be difficult to see them through the fog.

Count your blessings and find that most often you cannot reach the end of the list before another one is added.

CJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While sitting in the prayer closet I begin to thank Father for all of his wonderful blessings. I start from the very beginning when I first became a Christian, and work my way on down the list...thank you for not marrying what's his name, thank you for the friends you have allowed to come into my life,...etc, and I get sleepy. There are more blessings on the list that I am thankful for--it's just that I'm getting so sleepy. I'll have to stop here.