Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Darkest Hour

So many times we find ourselves in darkness and struggling to find the light. Even though we are usually good at stepping up and embracing our calling as beings of light, there are times. It is in these times that we struggle to hold onto what we know and who we are. The fear, the blackness of negativity, and the foreboding unknown threaten to extinguish all the light and love that we carry with us. We cry out, "God help me!" as we fall to our knees.

It is then, that the miracle happens. Our darkest hour passes, and the dawn awaits us there.

We finally realize that we were never alone. God and the angels He has called to be at our side have walked with us through it all. Dawn breaks in our understanding and we step back into the light, we strengthen our resolve for the future.

More darkness is always up ahead, but if we can just hold onto what we know to be the truth, we can stand even on our darkest hour.


CJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darkest hour has been the last 23 years of my life. I think back to an unwanted pregnancy; so young, unexperienced, disobedient, willful, and utterly blind. Dawn broke this weekend when I attended a therapy session in support of my eldest daughter who suffered from physical and sexual abuse during the early years of her life. From the moment I sat down with my daugher and her therapist, I realized that in all this time I was never alone, and neither was my daughter. I finally understood that Father loves both of us so much, and He does, although we do not see so clearly now, have a purpose for our lives. I saw a familiar face when I walked into the treatment facility. Although I could not remember exactly where I knew her from...I felt a strong sense of ease. Later, before leaving I learned the young lady was my daughter's psychiatric technician and I knew her from a tutoring program that I used to be apart of. She assured me that my daughter would be fine. For the first time in my life in regards to this situation, "I stepped into the Light which strenghtened my resolve for our future."

Hopegiver said...

It is making connections like this that let me know I have surely heard the calling on my life.

Thank you for sharing your story.
(*Hugs*)

P. Rico said...

That was truly lovely.