Friday, June 19, 2009

Poetic Essence

Some say there is a poet in all of us. To embrace this you may have to look beyond what is commonly understood to be poetry. Not every poem has rhyming words, not every poem is about love or nature, and not every poem makes logical sense at first reading. Sometimes poetry is about expressing your deepest emotions, and when we do that it is most often an imaginative awareness of experience brought through in words.

Aside from poetry, there are of course others forms of written expression. As writers, we sometimes pour our soul onto paper in journals, letters, or stories. In this cyber universe we also find expression through use of blogs, on-line journals, and web publishing.

Why is this so important? In some cases, our words have the power to transform lives. The words themselves inspire, encourage, and entertain not only others but ourselves as well. Perhaps our words are not vitally important to others, but writing down our thoughts can be such a fantastic tool for ourselves. Even if we are just venting, our words can help with healing.

You say you are not a writer? Think again. Remember that no one has to read what you write. If you do decide to share your expressions you may find others enjoy it as much or more than you do. But if you just can't see yourself having others read your thoughts, write for your own benefit.

Express yourself!

CJ

1 comment:

my2crystalkidz said...

By: my2crystalkidz

I Believe....

I believe in me more than I ever did back then, That I'm a woman who always had condfidence...

Alot of compassion to whom ever crosses my path,making sure that I genuienly care for those with warmth and making it last!....

I was lost like a sheep that has gone astray,losing it's sight and sence of direction without a guide showing the way...

Now I have been found with the help of "God,Family,my Children,and Friends"!...Thank you for always being there through thick-and-thin.

I believe with every beat of my heart, I will change for the better on the account of a new start...

Living a new life with my children by my side,Experiencing unconditional love every wakeing moment of their lives....Us sharing many laughters as-well-as me drying every tear from their eyes.

As their mother it means the world for me to see their little faces looking up at me.Depending on me for everything gives me reason to keep on living.

I believe my friends that continue to share my aspirations and dreams even times that are annoying,still support me unconditionally..."Are truely worth keeping"!

They will always be a part of me for they will never feel left out or their friendship taken lightly,Going above and beyond for them as I do my own family.For life it to short,but the days are long and consists 24 hrs in a day....will keep me focused on my will to be...to be of what.....

I Believe.....