Thursday, June 25, 2009

Energy Not So Well Spent

Too often we find ourselves exhausted by day's end, or even mid-day and it is not because of over exertion in a physical sense. Many times throughout our day we spend a lot of our soul energy on things that either we cannot change, or might not even be in our realm of influence.

Worry and anxiety are troubling enough on our spirit, but when we add in emotional stress to that mental pressure we send our body, mind, and soul into overdrive.

Imagine how much more relaxed we would be if on a daily basis we shifted that energy to things more productive. Even if we didn't "do" anything the energy, having not spent it on those strains would at the very least give us a satisfying end to the day. We could go home and spend the evening on whatever else our lives are made up of without feeling wiped out so quickly.

I know that things find a way of dropping in our laps, interestingly enough at the worst possible time it seems, but it is in how we handle those things that can make the difference. What can we truly affect in the situation? What details can we influence? When we find that we are in no position to do anything about some challenges set before, we must at that point resolve to pay attention to the next step and it's outcome.

We fill our lives with so many tasks, many of which certainly need our attention, but if we can begin to identify where we are mis-directing our energy, we may find we ourselves less tired and more content, dare I say happy!!

CJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like for Father to teach me which things deserve my energy and those that do not. From time to time, I feel as if I know exactly what those things are, but then as time progresses I am proven wrong. I become entangled in situations, caught up with individuals, over-emotional with family members, etc. Lord, I just want to follow your path for my life...

Anonymous said...

As always my friend, your wisdom is beyond wonderful, and most appreciated. Your gift to see enlightenment even in the depths of darkness are amazing!