Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Been there, Done that.

"The ride up front is better when you've been in the back!" - Prince (from the song "Now")

Sometimes when I talk to people who need advice I find they are feeling stuck in a rut and can't see anything positive on the horizon. I share my story with them and remind them that hard work and perseverance really can pay off.

You see I certainly have been in the back before! I remember one fo my first jobs was working in restaurant, so long ago it seems like another lifetime. I worked very hard and would put in a 75 hour week sometimes. From open to close and everything in between, asst. manager, cashier, host/greeter, cook, butcher, sandwich maker, bus-boy, janitor, and garbage man.

But it was a learning experience and one of many places I would have to travel through to be a better me.

Happy Wednesday!!
CJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's interesting! For real?